EPLIT 4th Annual Meeting - 12 May 2017 in Munich
On Friday 12 May 2017 the 4th Annual Meeting of EPLIT took place in Munich.
The meeting was opened by EPLIT’s President Koen Bijvank by welcoming all the distinguished speakers and participants. After a report by treasurer Patrice Vidon, the chairmen of the working groups presented their reports.
- Report of Working Group Education and Training by Chairman Christian Köster
- Report of Working Group Procedural Law by Chairman Michael Wallinger
These were followed by presentations of our distinguished speakers of which the following are available
- Update on the preparations for the UPC in France from Max Brunner, Ministère de la Justice, Paris (FR)
- Demonstration of the Case Management System by Cristiano Morganti and Eileen Tottle (UKIPO)
- EPLIT’s mock trials – the judges’ experiences, presentation by Maximilian Haedicke, University of Freiburg (DE)
The meeting was concluded with a highly informative and interesting panel discussion among European patent judges about their expectations from the UPC – Marie Courboullay (Tribunal de Grande Instance de Paris), Sam Granata (Hof van Beroep Antwerpen), Maximilian Haedicke (University of Freiburg), and Paolo Catallozzi (Tribunale di Roma); moderated by Marek Łazewski (Łazewski Depo and Partners).