11 March 2021 webinar on EPO video conferencing proceedings
EPLIT is pleased to invite you to an online webinar on the EPO video conferencing (VICO) proceedings, particularly before the opposition divisions and the boards of appeal. The webinar will be held on Thursday 11 March 2021 from 11am till 12.30 am CET, using the Zoom platform.
- Introduction by Leythem Wall, EPLIT president
- Presentation “Oral Proceedings by Videoconference in Opposition“, Theodora Butkowskyj-Walkiw (EPO senior expert, member of the opposition directorate and opposition trainer | Healthcare, Biotechnology and Chemistry)
- Presentations from Koen Bijvank (NL), Dr. Christian Köster (DE) and Lucy Samuels (UK), European patent attorneys, on their positive experiences and best practices in VICO proceedings
- Q&A session
The webinar is free of charge for EPLIT members and subject to a participation fee of 50€ for EPLIT non-members. Please register for this online meeting by filling in the online registration form. You will receive all details to join in due time.
EPLIT’s 7th Annual Meeting on 15 May 2020 held online
New president and new board members
The Board of EPLIT was pleased to receive many members to the Annual Meeting online on Friday 15 May . During this meeting the Board informed on various aspects within our association, appointed its new President and nominated new Board members. The official press release can be found here.
Progress in Germany
Mr. Johannes Karcher, Head of Division for Patent Law – Head of Project Group EU-Patent and Unified Patent Court, Ministry of Justice and for Consumer Protection in Berlin gave a presentation on “UPC developments and State of Play”, during which he indicated a new bill was being drafted for ratification of the UPC Agreement by the German parliament. As recently reported, this draft bill has now been made available for comment. Further information can be found here.
6th Annual Meeting on 4-5 April 2019 in Vienna (AT)
A great 6th Annual Meeting in Vienna!
On 5 April EPLIT’s 6th Annual Meeting has been held in the Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof in Vienna, Austria
Over 40 participants were present. The meeting was opened by EPLIT’s President Koen Bijvank by welcoming all speakers and participants. Members can find the handouts of the presentations in the Member Area
5th Annual Meeting on 13-14 May 2018 in Milan (IT)
On Monday 14 May 2018 the 5th Annual Meeting of EPLIT took place in Milan.
Over 40 participants were present. The meeting was opened by EPLIT’s President Koen Bijvank by welcoming all the distinguished speakers and participants.
These were followed by presentations of which the following are available
- Compulsory License in Germany by Markus Rieck, Fuchs Patentanwälte Partnerschaft
- Doctrine of equivalence following Premetrexed (Actavis vs Eli Lilly) from national perspectives, by Robert Coartes (UK); Thorsten Bausch (DE), Koen Bijvank (NL), Micaela Modiano (IT) and Caroline Casalonga (FR)
Members can find the presentations by EPLIT’s board and working groups in the member area.
Please find here the link to the pictures made during the event.