No events planned at the moment
12 May 2022 – 9th Annual Meeting in Brussels
On Thursday 12 May 2022 the 9th Annual Meeting of EPLIT was held. Participants attended the meeting in Brussels or followed the sessions online. Click here for the program.
27 May 2021 – 8th Annual Meeting
The 8th Annual Meeting has been held online on Thursday 27 May 2021 from 14.00 till 17.30 CET.
As well as the annual update on EPLIT’s activities and progress, a panel session on oral hearings by videoconference in national proceedings across Europe has been held. For our second panel discussion, Tessa Donavan (EPO Opposition Division Member) and Graham Ashley (former EPO Board of Appeal member) joined us to speak about the effect one year after the introduction of the 2020 EPO Board of Appeal Rule changes, in both Opposition and Appeal proceedings. Please find the presentations:
- The presentations of the panel discussion on oral hearings by videoconference in national proceedings across Europe
- The presentation of Tessa Donovan and Graham Ashley of the session Board of Appeal Rule Changes – one year on – experiences of the EPO Opposition Divisions and Boards of Appeal.
11 March 2021 – webinar on EPO video conferencing proceedings
EPLIT organized an online webinar on the EPO video conferencing (VICO) proceedings, particularly before the opposition divisions and the boards of appeal.
- Please click here for the handout of the Presentation “Oral Proceedings by Videoconference in Opposition” by Theodora Butkowskyj-Walkiw (EPO senior expert, member of the opposition directorate and opposition trainer | Healthcare, Biotechnology and Chemistry)
- A panel session was given by Koen Bijvank (NL), Dr. Christian Köster (DE) and Lucy Samuels (UK), European patent attorneys, on their positive experiences and best practices in VICO proceedings
EPLIT’s 7th Annual Meeting on 15 May 2020 held online
New president and new board members
The Board of EPLIT was pleased to receive many members to the Annual Meeting online on Friday 15 May . During this meeting the Board informed on various aspects within our association, appointed its new President and nominated new Board members. The official press release can be found here.
Progress in Germany
Mr. Johannes Karcher, Head of Division for Patent Law – Head of Project Group EU-Patent and Unified Patent Court, Ministry of Justice and for Consumer Protection in Berlin gave a presentation on “UPC developments and State of Play”, during which he indicated a new bill was being drafted for ratification of the UPC Agreement by the German parliament. As recently reported, this draft bill has now been made available for comment. Further information can be found here.
6th Annual Meeting on 4-5 April 2019 in Vienna (AT)
A great 6th Annual Meeting in Vienna!
On 5 April EPLIT’s 6th Annual Meeting has been held in the Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof in Vienna, Austria
Over 40 participants were present. The meeting was opened by EPLIT’s President Koen Bijvank by welcoming all speakers and participants. Members can find the handouts of the presentations in the Member Area
5th Annual Meeting on 13-14 May 2018 in Milan (IT)
On Monday 14 May 2018 the 5th Annual Meeting of EPLIT took place in Milan.
Over 40 participants were present. The meeting was opened by EPLIT’s President Koen Bijvank by welcoming all the distinguished speakers and participants.
These were followed by presentations of which the following are available
- Compulsory License in Germany by Markus Rieck, Fuchs Patentanwälte Partnerschaft
- Doctrine of equivalence following Premetrexed (Actavis vs Eli Lilly) from national perspectives, by Robert Coartes (UK); Thorsten Bausch (DE), Koen Bijvank (NL), Micaela Modiano (IT) and Caroline Casalonga (FR)
Members can find the presentations by EPLIT’s board and working groups in the member area.
Please find here the link to the pictures made during the event.